From:
Ben Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 19:57:58 -0500
I had a similar problem with an Ensoniq AudioPCI.  The mic worked fine in my
laptop but wouldn't work in my desktop.  Ended up putting a stereo to mono
adapter for a set of headphones on it.  Works great.  Apparently the plug on
the mic was just the wrong size or something although it looks right.

Ben Moore