From:
Tom Waddell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 20:18:52 -0500
Think we need a couple of new desktop computers. Need advice on building or buying new computers. Don't know if we can talk about the merits of particular brands of computers or components here so if someone could advise me on that it would help.

Here is what I am thinking. 1st option (cheapest?)is to get a new case, MB, CPU & memory and re-use the monitor and various cards and drives I already have. Although not an expert I have built several computers before.

2nd option is to get a pre-assembled case with all necessary components and use existing monitor.

3rd is to buy a whole new computer. As far as new computers go, I really need help in figuring out what to buy. Depending on brand, similar computer systems I am interested in range from $500 to $2000.

I realize good advice will depend on the specs of our current computers and how we plan to use our new ones. Can supply that info if there is a reply to this posting.

Thanks,

Tom

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com