From:
Mike Buraczewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 19:12:03 -0600
Elizibeth

We have a network full of Diamond Stealth video cards (300 or so).  When we
were setting up the workstations, many of them would show with only 16
colors.  One of two problems always seemed to be the cause.  Either the card
was not seated properly (there seems to be a design problem with the diamond
cards in that the metal bracket rocks the card forward when the screw in the
case is tightened), or the drivers caused a problem (try using the S3
drivers instead of the diamond incontrol tools).

In the case of the bracket not fitting properly, you might have to use a tin
snips on the metal bracket to modify it so the screw can be inserted into te
hole when the card is fully inserted.  In one case [ my own machine], I had
to remove the bracket and put a spacer between the card and the bracket to
make it fit properly.

HTH

Mike Buraczewski