Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:17:18 -0600
Hi Maurice,

According to an Adaptec Customer Service representative (1-408-957-2550
http://tinyurl.com/3mpxl), this is a new product and has only been out for
about three weeks. They stated that it's not listed on their Web site
because it's only being made available to CompUSA and BestBuy.

The price is about average for that quality (aluminum) case at other online
sellers. Some may say they will accept a larger drive than others, otherwise
the specifications will be about the same. All should have everything you
need but the drive with the main difference being in quality and price. As a
bonus, there's no mail in rebate to worry with and wait for. Adaptec is a
brand name so I'd say go for one... if not two.

Sven Swanson, Sr.