From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 20:16:03 -0700
First you need to check  your manual or with Packard Bell and find out what
size memory can be added and in what banks. Generally most motherboards
have particular ram configurations  that you must adhere too when adding
additional ram. Packard Bell is very proprietary and as such may require
special memory upgrades as well.

If you are getting past the post memory check without a error and your
problem only surfaces when your in windows then maybe one of your ram chips
are bad. Do you have any problems in DOS...like say after you boot from a
floppy ? Can you swap out the memory long enough to see if  the problem is
with these particular ram simms....I assume we are talking about EDO.

 I have a

                                  -----