From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 19:51:47 -0400
        I just purchased a CDRW drive, model ACER 6206A, and am having problems
with CDR burning. Using Direct CD CDRW discs turn out fine, they record and
read perfectly without problems. However whenever I try to burn a CDR it
gives up after buring a large part of the disc. For example, I just tried
burning an audio CD (26 tracks) using track at once, after finishing the
24th track the program reports 100% complete on the track and then does
nothing, the green "reading" light keeps on blinking but the red light never
turns on again. I click on cancel but it never cancels either. Unfortunately
the only way to get it to stop (the disk won't eject) is to terminate Easy
CD. This results in a CDR with a session open and no apparent way to recover
or close it (I have tried both and neither resulted in a usable CDR, not
even the CDRW drive can read anything from it). I have had the feeling that
it is a heat problem, so I burned 5 tracks, left the session open, turned
off the computer. Turned it on after a while, burned 10 tracks, turned it
off and again no problem. However on the last 11 tracks it gave up on track
24. My previous attempts happened at different places. I just ruined my
third CDR disk and well don't want to ruin another. Thanks for any aid in
this area. TTYL

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html