From:
Leigh Jennings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:52:20 +1000
Hi listers

Im trying to set up a network at home with 2 computers and a crossover
cable. both machines are win98se, one machine can see its self in
neighborhood network but the other one can not.

It has an on board nvidia nforce mcp network adaptor which is showing as
working properly in control panel device manager.
However there is no machine or work group listed in network
neighborhood.  I have reloaded the drivers to no avail. If I run IP
configuration (winipcfg) on the computer it has no listing for the network
card, only PPP is showing. this leads me to believe it could be a hardware
problem. any ideas on how to fix or even isolate the problem would be
gratefully accepted.

I have un installed and re installed all the protocols and the adapter in
network configuration too.

TIA

Leigh Jennings
Hound Heaven Web Design