From:
Martha Conolley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 07:06:31 -0500
Compaq Presario 2256
Windows 98 SE
BIOS--Compaq 6.0

Current Drive--WD 1GB (yes, ONE)
Wish to install--WD800JB 80 GB hard drive

Questions--
Will this actually work?
Will Data Lifeguard Tools 11 (Western Digital Download) actually get me around the 8.4 GB barrier of this BIOS system, and allow acces to full drive?
Should I slave the 80 GB drive to the old one?  Or will this slow down/drag on the new big drive?
What is the safest way to copy contents of one disk to another (cruddy second hand rebuilt system does not have Backup program/function/thingy installed)?

I have been reading available information at Western Digital support, but I am very nervous, as this is the first time I have every attempted to do anything like this.

Thank you for your attention

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml