From:
Roxanne Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 23:26:18 -0800
Disk overlays are evil.  They can cause many problems, both during operation of
a system (because it tends to slow the system down, and many utilities cannot
deal with them), and especially down the road if data needs to be removed from
a hard drive having a problem.  Western Digital tech support also hates disk
overlays.  The only person who might have an excuse for using a disk overlay is
a person whose I/O system BIOS does not support LBA, and who cannot afford
$40-$50 for a supplemental I/O card that can.

If a system has LBA support in its BIOS, which Dave does, he should not use the
EZ drive disk overlay.

Roxanne Pierce
R2 Systems, San Diego
mailto:[log in to unmask]