From:
Melanie McCurdy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 06:09:40 -0700
We have a PC that is running 98 with office xp. the mother board has on board sound and USB.  The CMOS has USB enabled but it does not recognize the item plugged in.
When you make it find the mouse or printer it wants to put it on a ps2 connection
COM-1  I have loaded the software for the mouse and printer prior to plugging them in .  It has gone so far as to turn on the optical mouse you can see that it lights up but will not let the mouse move the curser.
This is the logitech optical wheel mouse

When I tried the printer after loading the software Epson CX40 it would onlyput it to theLPT1 printer connection.

It does the same for a Lexmark Printer.

These items work fine on my other computer.  But there I have xp operating sys.  I have loaded a USB PCI card and that loads in fine but does not seem to recognize when you attach  the mouse to it.

Help
Melanie