From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 10:10:21 -0800
On 14 Feb 98 at 22:05, Changhsu Liu wrote:

> How do I find out the mode my two IDE drives is running at?

  Some BIOSes will tell you this when you boot; most don't.

  It seems to me that I ran some diagnostic lately that reported the
PIO mode of my drive.  It might have been MSD, which you should have
if you have a later DOS, Win 3.x, or Win 95 (although you may have to
hunt for it on the CD in the latter case).  I think it's also
available for download from Microsoft's FTP site.

David G

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]