From:
Dave Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 14:30:11 +1300
I've reversed the fan on my power supply which has reduced the motherboard
temp by 10 degrees and have installed Waterfall pro which has taken the cpu
down to about 40-41c from about 60 without the fan reversed and no cooling
software.

At 13:02 29/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>In the system I just put together, the power supply fan is blowing out near
>the top (Aopen case).  I also have a case fan blowing INTO the bottom of
>the case and two fans blowing OUT OF the top (figured warm air rises).  :-)
> Even when playing an intensive game for hours I haven't yet seen the
>motherboards reported temperature go above 30 C.
>
>Bill Nussbaumer
>

>At 04:26 PM 12/28/98 +1300, you wrote:
>>I've just built a computer using an ATX case from Chenbro.
>>I had read that the ATX cooling system was superior to the Baby At but I
>>have been watching the Asus PC probe monitor my motherboard and its running
>>at 47 degrees celsius or 117 farenheit.
>>Whats the story with these cases?
>>Surely they should cool better than this. It is a very hot day today though
>>and I realize that must make a difference to the motherboard temperture.
>>Do I need to install another fan??
>>I welcome any comments on the issue of cooling atx cases.
>
>                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
>                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html