From:
Rick Lindstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 09:14:34 -0500
At 02:45 PM 2/3/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>When I installed Windows 2000 I kept Win98 on my system.  I installed
>Windows 2000 as a dual boot system.  Now I am comfortable with Windows
>2000 and no longer need Win98.  What is a good way to remove it?  Win 98
>is on my C drive and Windows 2000 is on my E drive.  Is it OK to erase all
>files from C and continue using only Windows 2000?
>Thank You,

Nope- some of the stuff Win2000 needs to boot is in the root directory of
the c: drive. Wipe that out and you're hosed.

My machine is set up to dual boot 98 and 2000, and I just leave it that way
even though I rarely use 98 anymore. There are some programs that you must
run in 98 because 2000 won't run them. Eventually, I'll probably put a
fresh drive in, install 2000 and close the door on 98. In the meantime,
having 98 there does no harm.

HTH-

Rick Lindstrom
Tallahassee, FL. USA