From:
Ed Thomasson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 23:49:10 -0000
Don't know if this is a hardware or software problem

I just built a new system with the same parts as my old K6-2 233MMX except for cpu and mobo and case.
I  am having problems with it locking up while surfing, and the only way to get it back on is to turn the power off. There seems to be no pattern as far as time. I have tried playing games such as Quake while downloading files, and it doesn't seem to make it lock up any faster. Sometimes, I can just leave my machine for a few minutes, and it is locked up when I get back. I have

AMD K6-2 450  2.4 volt
Soyo SY-5EMA+ V1.0   ETEQ82C663x PCI/AGP Motherboard
Elsa Victory II 16 meg video      (also locked up w/voodoo rush)
128 meg pc 100 sdram
Realtek 8129s NIC
Crystal 4237 sound
Lucent 56 modem
Win 98 SE w/Internet Connection Sharing  (also locked up before ICS)

I have tried running the memory at 66 and 100
different video
different sound
even a K6-2 266 (seemed to be a little more time between lock-ups)
Pulsar UPS

Still no luck. I sure would appreciate any help you can give, been fighting this thing for 2 weeks, and have tried everything I can think of short of format C:
thanks
ed

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org