Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:34:37 EDT
You might have to disable the on board video in Windows under Device Manager.
 This is a problem if you have a damaged on board video card.  I have a
similar Compaq machine and was unable to defeat the on board video any other way
including the BIOS.  I couldn't find any onboard jumper that would disable this
video card either.

I believe either F10 or F1 is the function key to access the BIOS rather than
the usual DEL key.  I would try all the fuction keys one by one.  Even remove
the keyboard to attempt to see if you can access the BIOS by letting it boot
to alarm missing keyboard.  Someone else will shed more light on this item but
don't be surprised if even that doesn't allow you to directly use the PCI
video without first booting to Windows where you could then disable the onboard
video leaving it red x'd in Device Manager.

Regards,
Mike Scott

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml