From:
Meidling Keith B SSgt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:22:11 -0600
I once managed a network with PC and MAC clients on it... The Macs were very
chattery... One thing that helped was setting up a seed router, and zones.
You can pick up a book on Appletalk, or search technet for that
information...

A couple other things that you want to note...

You cannot have mac volumes under mac volumes as you can with MS shares. You
have to plan so that they are not under each other.  I know with me, I'll
create a share at a higher level for admins and then the users use the
shares at a lower level... You can't do this with Mac Volumes...

Once you install the Mac services on the server, you have to use File
Manager to create the volumes. Explorer will not do this...

This was as of a couple years ago with NT 4 SP 3... I don't know if anything
has changed since then... I am no longer working with Macs on the network
(Thank goodness)... :-)

The permissions on the file server will be a little tricky as well... Play
around with them... The permissions on the Mac volumes are not as flexible
as the MS...

These were some of the highlights I remember of working with Macs on the
network...

Just my 2 cents worth...

HTH...

Keith