From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 07:00:22 -0700
Hi,
I just installed an IBM DDRS34560W dirve into my computer which is as
follows:
ABIT BX6
PII 233
2940UW
2GB WD EIDE
Toshiba 32X ATAPI
When I Control A for SCSI select to format the drive, I get a window that
says:
                Unexpected SCSI Command Failed
Target SCSI ID:         0
SCSI CDB Sent:          03 00 00 00 0E 00
Host Adapter Status:    00h No host adapter error
Target Status:          02h Check condition
Sense Key:                      02h Not Ready
+Sense Code:            04h
+Sense Code Qualifier:  02h

If I try to boot with BIOS set as any of the order A,C,SCSI or SCSI,A,C or
A,SCSI,C the loading stops after I get the SCSI info and the line for the
IBM drive shows up with a blinking underscore cursor at the end of the line
and no further activity. If I power off and unplug the drive I then get the
other SCSI devices, i.e. jaz and Zip and a normal boot to WIN95. I have to
say that I don't think I hear the drive spin up at any point. Is this drive
a gonner or have I missed something?
Thank you
Brad Loomis

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**