Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:10:42 EDT
I have my Security Zone  Alarm set on High and always have had.  Why would it
suddenly change  now.  I know when I called the phone company that morning,
they said some  thing about MS updates, but I wasn't paying attention to what
they said.   But I shouldn't have to down grade my Firewall from High to Medium
when it's  been working fine  for a very long time.  The only time these
downloads didn't work was this one time.  Harriet
I use Windows XP Pro, SP3, and the free version  of ZoneAlarm.  I
have not noticed any obvious change in the ZA  settings, but within the
last 24 hours or so, I suddenly found that most  outbound Internet
connectins would not work -- and downgrading security of  the "Internet
Zone" in ZA from "High" to "Medium" restored my  access.

It hadn't occurred to me to relate this to recent  Microsoft updates, but
there have been some and I've installed them, and I  can't think of any
other recent change that might be relevant.

Davd  Gillett