From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2008 09:30:57 -0700
Are you upgrading the motherboard or reusing the existing motherboard?
What is the make and model of the motherboard you are/will be using?
If you will be using the same motherboard, you should be able to use the
same memory. Are you sure your motherboard will handle the new CPU? You
may need to change a jumper on the motherboard. You should check the
manual for the motherboard.

Tom

alan smith wrote:
> I have to replace a CPU and my original had DDR 400 for memory cards. The new CPU has a 533 FSB.  Can I still use the DDR400 or do I have to buy new ones?
> Thank you for your help.  AL SMITH

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com