From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 07:01:01 -0600
At 06:04 PM 05/17/2000 , you wrote:
>can any one tell me how to make a PC boot with out a keyboard.
>
>I am making a machine that is only accessed remotely,
>  and my boot process hangs waiting on a keyboard.

In the CMOS settings of the Bios, you will find the "Standard
CMOS Setup."   This is the window that shows your hard drive
parameters and floppy drive settings.  Typically, in newer
systems there is a setting called:  "Halt On:"   Change this
window to read "All, But Keyboard."   Or something similar
to that.

This is the setting we change on a rackmount server sitting
in server room, yet controlled from a different room through
the network.  Unless there is a major problem, the server
never has a keyboard connected to the actual computer and
it is all run remotely through the network.

      Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html