From:
Tim Lider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 May 1998 11:08:44 -0700
Hello Richard,

At 07:52 PM 5/16/97 -0400, you wrote:

>In the last week it has been freezing up in Netscape after about 1/2
>hour use and in Math Blaster. The mouse freezes and the comp won't do
>any function. Ctrl-Alt-Del won't reboot it. The Reset botton and on/off
>button will turn it off but  with reset and power  on it doesn't
>reboot, although I can feel the hard drive spin up. Then I have to wait
>for about 15 min and it will turn on normally.

  I think you have a problem with the hard drive.  Your hard drive could be
failing and it is trying to tell this.  I would backup all of the data off
of the hard drive and get another hard drive to see if this is the problem.

  You do have a WDC hard drive. Go to http://wwww.wdc.com and get the
WDIAGS utility to see if there is a problem with the hard drive.  If so you
have an error that you can give WDC Tech Support to get an RMA.

Regards,

Tim Lider
Advanced Data Solutions              ICQ: 7562541
Web Site: http://www.adv-data.com E-Mail: Mailto:[log in to unmask]