From:
Thomas S Sandborn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 23:58:37 -0800
On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 06:56:32 -0600 Mike Bridges <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>I have added NetBeui to the protocols with no change.I have  the irq
>set
>on 9 which I have set in the cards eprom with the software utility.It
>is
>the only irq open on the machine.I have also checked the I/O adress
>and
>it is at 300-31f and was open.
> The lmhosts file was written according to directions in the Win95
>lmhosts file.I have tried it without the "#" and the #PRE with the
>same
>results.This file worked originally before I rebuilt one of the
>computers.
>Thanks again
>Mike Bridges

The first thing I would do is use the utility that comes on the disks
with the network card(s). This is a dos level utility, and must be run
from the dos prompt. Set one as a master and one as a receiver. If they
see each other and transmit back and forth, then of course try the good
sugestions already laid out on this list. Many is the time I have wracked
my brain in Windows, only to try the elementary dos utility, and finding
out that they refuse to talk to each other at that level. If they don't,
then the cable may have come loose, disconnected, or damaged as the
computer was moved about while being upgraded. Either that, or the NIC
card was the victim of static electricity, and expired.          Tom
Sandborn