From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 14:43:11 -0500
>> .... Any ideas? What files should I replace in case they are corrupted?
>>

>I sorry. I am not quite clear on what has happened to your system but from
what I think I understand your LAN does not work. I have had my LAN system
fail once or twice because of files for the NIC had gone bad. I had to
uninstall, turn off the computer and let the NIC reinstall itself. I was
changing server computer for Sygate at the time. After I did that all is
well. The other time was after W95 defrag. NIC files became corrupt. I have
to reinstall again. I use W98 now.

     Unfortunately it is not a hardware problem (I could at least fix that
easily), I can communicate over my internal network using IPX and Netbeui
(or something like that) with no problem, it is outgoing TCP that is the
problem. I have reinstalled TCP/IP, DUN and everthing else network related
more times than I can count, and the problem remains. It is completely
baffling to me. Thanks for the help, TTYL

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html