From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 03:47:11 -0000
Hi,
I'm no expert when it comes to networking myself, but I have noticed over
time that one of the main things people overlook when 'adding' to a network
is the network name.
Have you changed the xp machine  from the default workgroup name to your
particular one? They all have to have the same group name.
Have you searched for the other computers using the xp machine?
Because I have a firewall on each of my pc's on my network, when I'm
troubleshooting, I turn them off or disable them, as that can block one
computer from seeing another if the settings aren't right. Xp has a built in
firewall, but I'm not sure how that affects networking, if at all.
Hopefully, this might help.

Sincerely
Michele Sayer

---