From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 20:20:03 -0400
I had the same trouble with an Nvidia 128 AGP on a VP3 board, both of which
were "not famous brand" OEM components.  I finally got it to boot with the
card only partially seated in the AGP slot.  With trial and error, I got the
card firmly seated, and the screw tightened, with the pc booting without
beeps.  I had already done all the normal troubleshooting, removing
everything except 1 sdram, etc. and trying to boot, so I knew something was
strange about the agp slot.  For some reason it was possible to seat the
card in the slot and still not have a proper contact between the card and
slot.  Like I said, trial and error finally got it where it wanted to be.
Tom Turak

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 1999 9:36 AM

I am having a strange problem with an AGP STB Velocity 128 and a California
Graphics SUNRAY VIA AGP motherboard (VP3 chipset) I recently pulled this
board out from under my bed to build a "new" computer. But after installing
the video card in the agp slot, upon boot up the bios sounds one long beep
and three short ones. I believe this is the video card, as it sounds the
same thing when there is no video card installed. I then checked the
Velocity on another computer and it works fine. I
have made sure that AGP was the primary video option in the bios
Chuck Hassenplug

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>