From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 22:28:52 -0500
Jeanelle,

The FIRST RULE of troubleshooting a totally dead PC is:
UNconnect EVERYTHING except the video card and RAM.
Now power up it up.
Even without disk drives, the video should come up.

If it doesn't then you have one of six problems (or a combo)
A. dead video card.
B. dead motherboard.
C. dead power supply.
D. short circuit to motherboard from metal standoffs.
E. power cables plugged in backwards (but you already confirmed this one)
F. bad or wrong RAM (but in most cases you should still at least see the
video copyright.)

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====