From:
Phillip Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2012 19:48:53 -0500
Greetings,

I recently refurbished a Dell pc (new hard drive, ram and vid card)
and found an OEM xp pro sp2 disc for Dell. I guess it's a rescue disc
but the envelope was still sealed and after running it, windows
started and works perfectly.
 I have 17 days left to activate and realised that during installation
it never asked for the product key which is on the back of the
envelope. Out of curiosity, I installed Belarc advisor and it shows a
different key than is on the envelope so I'm wondering if I will have
problems with activation. I've been told that support is not available
for xp pro unless sp3 is installed and I have sp3 on a disc but
haven't installed it yet.

The cp that the xp disc came with is long since dismantled and discarded.

-Phil-

                         support at our website:
                          http://freepctech.com