From:
"Steven J. Wolfe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:13:01 -0600
I have a question concerning the sharing of a DSL connection. DSL has been extremely slow to come around in my area, so I have very little knowledge about it!

Anyway, I have a freind wanting to know which DSL modem type to purchase to allow for Internet Sharing. They are using Sygate right now with a modem connection, and a small peer to peer network. From the information I have found, it seems that you need an external DSL modem , with two NICS installed in the Server machine to share connections. Is this so, or can you use an internal DSL modem for sharing as well.

The only reason I could see that it would require an external model, would be for some wierd IP addressing!

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,   Steve Wolfe

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html