From:
Loy Pressley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2006 14:36:21 -0600
Hi all,

Yes, it does have a 3.5 floppy.  I tried the 3.5 with the floppy Ghost
2003 emergency diskettes I created using Ghost 2003 before I started the
image backup.  They didn't work either.

I wanted to close this out and tell everyone how much I appreciate there
input to MY problem.

I sent the hard disk back to the builder.  I suspect he put the hard
disk in another machine as a slave disk and pulled off the image files
that were on my disk.  Since it was the boot portion of drive C: that
seems to have been corrupted, that's about the only way I know he could
have done it.  Anyway, he was able to pull off the Ghost 2003 image that
was on the disk.  Then, he reformatted the hard disk and installed the
Ghost image he had pulled off the disk.  I got the hard drive back last
Tuesday and put it in the computer.  It works fine and looks just like
it did when I first got the computer.  He also sent me the image on CD
that he used to restore my disk and also a DOS copy of Ghost 2003.

I thank all of you for your help.  I think I am whole, again.

Loy

Ann Fennell wrote:
> Did he put a 3.5 floppy drive on your PC ?  (They are beyond cheap - you should have one.)   If so, then ask him if he has a 3.5 floppy Ghost 2003 Boot Diskette and can make you a copy (much easier to send than a hard drive) - that's probably how he is planning to restore the earlier image and he SHOULD have provided a way for you to do that yourself without having to open the hard drive and send the hard drive back to him - IMO that's ridiculous.  That's why we get custom builds, so we won't be held hostage to the the PC maker/builder.  If he put a floppy drive in your PC, then tell him you realized that all you need is the Ghost 2003 boot diskette and information on the Ghost files he put on your computer and that he "forgot" to include it in your stuff . Good luck.    AnnaSummers
>
> P.S. Actually, I'm sure I still have a copy & can send you one.  Runs like DOS, so is a little clunky, but it works just fine!  You have to be sure you know which image to restore.  [log in to unmask]
>
>         The NOSPIN Group has added a new feature on our website,
>            web based bulletinboard for questions and answers:
>               Visit our sister website at http://nospin.com

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads