From:
Paul Duthie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 13:41:48 +1000
Have you installed the AMD software patch for Windows 95 ? If I remember
correctly there is a patch available for a clocking bug in Win95.

At 04:53 PM 7/25/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello
>
>I have recently assembled a k6 system and I find that I have an at least
>partly bad dimm.
>
>specifically, I have:
>amptron 599lmr mother board
>32 mg pc 100 generic dimm (I know I was asking for trouble)
>40x cd
>Iomega cdrw
>k6-2 350
>s3 s540 32mg video card (w/ updated bios)
>19.2 kb generic modem (backup for the integrated modem)
>win95b
>
>The system locks up at random times. It may go an hour, it may not.
>My actions software wise don't seem to matter much....
>
>So I think that this is a memory problem.
>
>My question is ...
>
>Is there a good (hopefully cheap) piece of software that I can use to id and
>circumvent the bad ram area's with?
>
>Thanks for any help.
>
>Paul Frazier

>                   http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org

Paul Duthie                                     [log in to unmask]
Network Manager                         [log in to unmask]
Ballarat High School                            [log in to unmask]

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html