From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 20:56:33 -0400
Nicely said but if they are within the law they do not have to do anything
about it. You can complain to the FCC when their license if up for renewal
but it would take many to make the FCC do anything about a radio station,
etc.

I live about 1 mile from a FM NPR radio station and it transmits over my
speakers (all of them)~sometimes~because it comes into the system via the
receiver. Changing to only one set of speakers and changing the length of
the speaker cord has no effect. Even if the speakers are turned off at the
receiver, the "noise" still prevails and does not change with volume
setting and even if all inputs are removed to the receiver. It varies from
day to day with some days no noise and other days louder than the volume
setting I have set for what I am listening to.  Another interesting note is
that this same station also~sometimes~comes in over my tape 2 on my tape
deck. Not tape 1 side but only tape 2 side and when it does it also creates
a loud hum along with its broadcast. The hum of course is~sometimes~and
sometimes not as with all the interference. Being somewhat of an
audiophile, it drives me nuts. Probably does not help that the antenna is
on top of a large granite whale called Stone Mountain. Don't even what to
discuss what that whale does to TV reception and that changes daily and
sometimes hourly.

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers
770-498-2582 / 800-816-0663
Fast - Reliable - Wallet Friendly

----------
From:   [log in to unmask][SMTP:[log in to unmask]]

The person causing the problem ,is by law the person responsible for
stopping
the interference. But in the real world, this usually doesn't happen. The
only quick fix that i have is to either move the computer to another spot
in
the house and/or get a microphone with shielded cable. this should help

Philippe J. Beaulieu

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html