From:
Oscar Viñas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 18:28:44 -0400
Hi all:
I have here an old 486DX2-66 computer and have problems with the COM1 port.
I haven't any documentation of this PC. Last week, when I tryed to install a
modem I found that the COM1 port didn't work, although Windows' Control
Panel says that "This device is working properly".

The computer has an ISA 16 controller card with FDD, HDD, and LPT, COM1,
COM2 and a game port. The floppy, the hard disk, the printer and the serial
mouse (on COM2) had been working perfectly well. I changed the ribbon cable
for the mouse to the pin connector labeled COM1 on the card and Windows
doesn't find it on start up. I am now using the modem in COM2 but without a
mouse.

I supposed that maybe knowing the jumper configuration I could find some
answers. The card says: TS-5188 ISA VA.1   FCC ID: JP7TS-5188. Where can I
find it?

But maybe you, experienced guys in troubleshooting, can suggest me what else
can I try to identify what is wrong with it?

TIA,

Oscar.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html