Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:49:41 EDT
I have a Sony 1.7 GHz Pentium IV running Windows XP Home. It has a PCI Lucent
Win LT modem that came from the factory in it.I am having problems connecting
and staying connected to the internet. I use AOL 9.0 which I have had for
several months and worked fine for several months. . I usually connect at speeds
of 41000-48000. But recently at times I cannot connect or I connect at 9600 or
12000. This speed is not fast enough get info. Also at times when I connect
at the higher speeds, I get disconnected every few minutes. In control panel,
when I click on modem settings, I get a box that pops up with the yellow !. It
says SLCPAPPL on top. The message says "Modem not installed properly. You
should uninstall the modem drivers(usingcontrol panel-add Rem programs) restart &
install it again."

I removed the modem several times and reinstalled it from the Windows driver
files on my computer. Each time it works the same. In device manager it says
that the modem is working properly. Does anyone have any ideas of a way to
correct this or is the modem shot? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Gary South

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml