From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 06:26:46 -0400
Most name-brand HDD's come with manuals that show drawings of where the jumper goes for setting the drive as a slave.  I've done this with Western digital drives many times, and I don't think they called it a "primary slave", just slave.  Just follow the instructions that come with the drawings and you'll be fine.  If you are buying a used drive with no manual, WD does have downloads of manuals for many of its drives. You can get the jumper settings from the web site.

>I'd also like some suggestions on installing a second HDD. Currently I have
>one HDD, a CD-ROM and a CD-RW with the configuration as follows:
>HDD as primary master,
>CD-ROM as secondary master with the CD-RW as secondary slave.
>Any suggestions for the second HDD? Primary slave maybe? or is there a better
>choice.
>I have Win98SE and plan to use the second HDD as backup storage.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml