From:
Darren Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 14:41:48 -0400
I have a Matrox Millennium G200 with the Rainbow-Runner G-series card, which
can do what you require. It was a little expensive, but I am very happy with
the set-up. The Rainbow-Runner also comes with the Ulead package of software
for photo and video editing. My set-up uses two cards, 1 AGP (the g200) and
one PCI (the rainbow runner). Matrox has since come out with the Marvel G200
which only uses 1 AGP card and an external box, which could also be a
consideration. I believe that it is only slightly more expensive than my
set-up.

> Hi.
> I think the ATI All-in-Wonder (www.atitech.com), the Media
> Camp (www.dooin.com.kr) or the Elsa Victory Erazor
> (www.elsa.com) graphics cards can do video-in (so capture to
> AVI), and video-out (so send to VCR).
> A more flexible solution can be done with two boards:
> -One with a TV tuner and a Brooktree chip (Bt848/878/898).
> There are many (Zoltrix, Avermedia,...). With one of this
> you can watch TV channels on your PC, and also capture from
> a video camera or VCR. These boards are very popular in
> Spain, because you can watch a pay-TV channel for free. You
> can also attach them a cheap PC camera (Sony, Philips...)
> for video conference.
> -Other with video-out, such as, I think, STB 4400
> (www.stb.com). However, if you use a 3D accelerator of the
> Voodoo2 type, which intercepts the VGA-monitor link, perhaps
> you need, instead, an external VGA to TV converter.
> I think all these solutions are cheap.
> Javier Vizcaino. Ability Electronics. [log in to unmask]
> http://www.automodelismo.com http://ability53.hypermart.net

> > Trying to find a low-cost solution for exporting video
> from a computer

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html