Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:05:42 +1200
I'll add my 2c to Joe's (anticipated) reply ;--))

You're exactly right, this is what you can do with a USB box.  You can even install a 2.5" drive if you get the right case.

Faster?  Not if the system only has USB 1.1.  This early USB protocol is pretty slow.

But extremely convenient - I have a 1.1 and a 2.0 which I use for transferring files to and from client's computers, both in the workshop and onsite.  This is a great way to utilize old, small HD's which would otherwise be redundant.

Plus I have another 2.0 attached to my main system for data storage.  This one is only switched on when I need it.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand