From:
Elizabeth Boston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 22:41:11 -0500
Hi,
        I am attempting to install my Ditto Max Professional, external
parallel port model, on my new computer. It was working fine on my old
computer. My new computer is a Celeron 300, 128MB ram, on a Gigabyte
GA-6BXC motherboard I'm running the OEM version of Windows 98, and
have an HP 682C printer attached to the same parallel port.
        At first, my computer hung when trying to find the Ditto drive, after
some reading, I changed my parallel port from SPP to ECP+EPP. The
computer didn't hang, but still didn't find the drive. I also tried
EPP and ECP modes individually, and moved the drive away from my
monitor (this was mentioned in the user guide).
        I'm at a loss as to what to do next... I downloaded the software from
Iomega's website, since the CD has somehow become damaged. So I know I
am using the most up to date software.
        This is a little frustrating, since some of my data is on a tape that
I can no longer access.

        Elizabeth Boston

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html