From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 19:55:58 -0500
Rick:
Excellent point. But then I _always_ disconnect the power cord. I also avoid
touching contacts and similar conductive surfaces, not so much as to protect
me but to prevent them from being contaminated by any corrosive materials
that might be present on my skin.
Regards,
Carroll Grigsby

On Wednesday 31 December 2003 12:13 pm, Rick Glazier wrote:
> FWIW,
> The real reason for the  wrist strap PLACEMENT on your wrist,
> (in relation to the protection it gives YOU, as opposed to the computer),
> is that it keeps any stray currents from going up your arms and through
> your heart.  200ma kills, (through the heart...)
>
> Not much at all...
>
> No burning is involved, just a simple disruption of the electrical
> "circuits" around the heart...             YMMV...   (RIP?)
>
>                                           Rick Glazier

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com