From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 2004 08:20:03 -0700
  If you use the modem in one of the existing desktops to connect, you
shouldn't need the "router" functionality, although such a unit may be the
cheapest way to connect a mix of wired and wireless PCs into a single LAN.

  There are a few routers on the market which include a phone modem, or a
serial port to connect an external modem.  But that's kind of a niche
market, and I don't know if any of those also include wireless.

  I don't think ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) was in 95B, so you may
need to look to some third-party application for that or update the OS on
one of the desktops.

  The XP networking wizard can produce a disk to enable local filesharing
etc with older windows versions, but I'm not certain *that* supports
anything older than 98SE.  (This piece isn't needed for Internet connection,
only for sharing files etc between machines on the local LAN.)

David Gillett