From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 16:52:57 -0500
Bob Wright wrote:

> Small to medium sized ISPs will eventually be either forced out of the
> market by high overhead vs. low rates or they will be swallowed by
> larger competing groups such as the phone company, the cable provider
> or large national ISPs.   Fearing the eventuality of limited ISPs offering
> service should not be part of a decision in selecting a modem...  this is
> a reality.
>
> My opinion...

Everything you say is true Bob, but it should also be tempered with consideration for
the longevity of the technology.

I started out back in the days of 300 baud units and - so far -  I have not used any
one particular modem technology for more than two years.....  So I think that worrying
about what will be happening in 3-5 years is not really that important.

--
Jim Meagher
=====

                                  -----