From:
Cynthia Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 23:46:11 -0500
Hi Bill,

I had success installing another modem on a friend's Packard Bell by doing
the following:
        1. Select Control Panel
        2. Select System
        3. Select Device Mananger
        4. Click on the Plus sign next to Modem and then select the particular
modem you want to disable(in his case it was a 144AM/SP)
        5. Select the "Properties" button at the bottom
        6. Check the "disable in this hardware profile" box

I was then able to shut down the machine, add a USRobotics PnP modem,
reboot and the modem was found and installed.

HTH,
Cindy Pearce