From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 15:36:22 -0500
> Something I just noticed recently after a fresh install of ME
> over 2K is that now when connecting (using Access Manager v1.4
> from sympaticousers.org) IE will *always* open up the sympatico
> homepage regardless of what I set in to in options.  Hitting the
> home button even brings up the homepage I personally set!  This
> only happens when the connection is first made, and IE is
> automatically opened.
> I know that I can disable Explorer from opening and then open it
> myself to get my default homepage, but I liked it the way it was
> (yeah, so i'm lazy!).  Is there a way to get around this?

     Yes, Access Manager has a setting that when enabled will send you
browser to the Sympatico-Lycos portal site. You can disable this "feature"
or change the page it goes to in the settings section of AM. A default like
this is almost as bad as a piece of software deciding it should live in the
task tray and not give you an option to get rid of it. TTYL

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com