From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 20:12:25 -0800
I would respectfully suggest that Ted may be off a little on this.  I have
seen very few HP's that did not have a proprietary motherboard setup.
Chances are real good that if you want to go with a new motherboard you will
also need a new case, hence needing to basically rebuild the computer.
However, PIII 750Mhz processors are available in the PGA format, so that
would be the easiest way to go.

Another thought that was brought up was about the bus speed.  Going from a
Celeron 433 to a PIII 750 is going to increase performance.  Period.  Even
if you ran the 750 at the 66Mhz the Celeron is (supposed to be) running at,
you would still see a marked increase in performance.

Hope this helps!

Kyle Elmblade