From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 15:56:35 -0700
Siva Lokanathan wrote:

>         Over the last few weeks I have noticed that my computer clock is
> running slow and needs resetting frequently. I was under the impression
> that this was due to the internal battery having become weak. However, a
> friend of mine says that it's due to a major problem which will require
> replacing of the mother board. I trust that one if the  many experts who
> write to PCBUILd will let me know the correct analysis.

At this point I am in agreement with Jun. I would change the battery
before even thinking about replacing the motherboard.

The other possibility is an errant piece of software. Please do yourself
an inexpensive favor and change the battery first then check the time.
As for your friend telling you that you need a new motherboard... Maybe
this person knows something we don't. Then again...

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers

                     visit our download web page at: