From:
Ed Estigoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 22:54:25 +0800
Hello group,
I hope you help me and shed some light regarding this post....
How do you set for 3V on a motherboard for CPU change from
an Intel486DX2 to an AMD486DX4. Do they differ in  voltage
requirements ?  How do you figure out the current CPU voltage
in use, say for the DX2, on the board. Are there any test points
where you can place voltmeter test leads ?
The computer is an acer,  is it compatible with AMD cpu chip.
I've tried to directly replace the DX2 chip with the DX4 but the
system only reports it as a 33Mhz ! afterwards,the system just
hangs / freezes ( I'm afraid that I've fried it )
But when I place back the DX2 chip, the computer goes into its
normal routine : system readout as 50Mhz, until it goes to
normal displays / mode.

the motherboard has a series of numbers on it :
55.41301.0514066422G S.
On the underside of the case,
model no    : P440DB
extension   : 4444LB
FCC ID      : GQ81D2P  A1
Current CPU : 486DX2

Diagnostic run reports it as :
computer type      : AT clone  ....oh dear me !!!
submodel           : PC-AT
model/submodel/rev : FC / 01 / 00

thanks in advance,
Ed