From:
Einar Orn Eidsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 15:43:51 +0000
On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Miguel Morillo wrote:

> Is the "memory count" during the power-on-self-test (POST) enough to
> determine if your RAM chips are good???  Or, do you need a special
> diagnostic utility to detect defective RAM chips. Thanks in advance!
No, memory can be defective although it has passed the POST test, I don't
know of a program that actually tests RAM, when I've had to test modules
I've taken them to a store that has done it for me (1.30 a chip).
You should be able to get a decent hardware vendor to test the modules
for
you.

Regards,
Einar Orn