From:
Blair Perkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 20:13:52 -1000
I ran into exactly the same problem you are discussing.  You have to remove
the entire Multimedia Center V 7 from your system, then install the
Multimedia Center for the TV Wonder.  After that, you go to the Driver disk
that came with the Radeon Card and install only the DVD software.

Below are the tech support messages I received from ATI.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Blair
___________________________________
Dear Blair,

Thank you for contacting ATI Technical Support Canada.

Regarding your e-mail concerning getting the TV Wonder to work with the
Radeon.

Please review the following information regarding configuring and installing
the software.

Multimedia Center 7.0, which currently ships with the RADEON products, is
not compatible with the ATI-TV WONDER tuner card.

Installing the ATI Multimedia Center from a RADEON Installation CD will
DISABLE your ATI-TV WONDER tuner functionality.

WORKAROUND:
To use an ATI-TV WONDER in conjunction with a RADEON product:

1. Un-install ATI Multimedia Center 7.0
        - Open Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel
        - Look for "ATI Multimedia Center".
        - REMOVE it if found, then restart the computer.

2. Re-install the ATI-TV WONDER software, from the ATI-TV WONDER
installation CD.

We are currently investigating alternate solutions. Any updates will appear
on our support website when they become available.
____________________________________
Dear Blair,

Thank you for contacting ATI Technical Support Canada.

Regarding your issue: " After I initially could not get the TV Tuner to
work, I found your FAQ page about removing the Multimedia Center (V 7.0)
that came with the Radeon and
installing the Multimedia Center (V 6.2) that came with the TV wonder. Now
the tuner works, but I don't have DVD capability.  Is there a work around or
do I have to wait until you update version 7.0? "

Which ATI Radeon Install CD do you have ? You may find a DVDP folder in the
INSTALL folder on the CD. You can run the setup from the DVDP folder and
this should install the DVD Player. If this folder does not exist, then you
will need to launch the setup from the MMCDVD folder and select custom
install. Uncheck all the devices in the list and leave the DVD Player.