From:
Gardis H Watts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 1998 07:18:33 -0500
Hello everyone, I just upgraded my machine from a 133 pentium 16 megs of
memory to 200 mmx pentium and 64 megs of memory. Now here's what
happened, when I first got the processor and memeory I put it in my
machine and set the jumpers on my motherboard so it could run on 200 mhz
processor speed. When I turned on my machine it worked for a good 3 mins
and suddenly my machine locks up. I had to shut down the machine in
order to restart it. I have some memory testing software and found out
that I had bad memory. So I exchanged it, test it and every thing went
well. Now, my computer is going good so far. So I add two Microsoft
Sidewinder game pads and install two video games, NHL 98 and NBA Live
98. I'm playing NHL 98 for a good two minutes then suddenly the game
locks up on me. I called the Electronic Arts about the situation and
they said I need a 3D card with 3dfx that's why it was locking up. So I
put in a 3D card(w/3dfx) and everything is working fine. Now I put in
Internet Explorer 4.0 and my computer was working for a good two days
and then while I was using Internet Explorer it locked up on me. Now
later on that day I decided to use Netscape Communicator and that locked
up on me. So I unistall Internet Explorer and everything was working
fine for a couple of days, until last night. While using my Winfile my
system locks up on me again. So I restart the machine and I use it for a
good five minutes and it locked up on me again.

So here's the situation, my system, which is a 200mmx pentium : 64 megs
of Ram : Windows 95,  would lock up on me at the most stranges times.
Sometimes I could use my machine for days and not have a problem and
suddenly my machine locks up on me about two to three times in a row. My
computer never locks up in any of my video games. In thinking about this
going back to the root of the problem I'm thinking that it may be my
processor, I'm not sure I may be wrong but if anybody has any idea
what's going on please let me know. Thank you.

Gardis Watts