From:
Ron Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 07:17:40 -0500
James,
I don't have first hand experience with the nForce2.  I do have the MSI
K7NPro, the original nForce chipset (ie not nForce2).  It is a fast and rich
board.  I have an Athlon 1700+ in it.  I have another system using an Athlon
2000+ with a CHEAP motherboard.  The nForce/1700+ benchmarks faster than the
2000+!

The only problem I've run into with my K7NPro is Windows XP.  It will reboot
at random.  MSI said it was because I was using memory which was not on
their recommended list.  I fell back to W2K and it has run for over a year
(24x7) without a problem.  I, too, am looking at the nForce2 as a
replacement for the CHEAP board mentioned above.

Check the manufacturers recommended memory list and pick something from that
list.  You should be fine.

Ron Jobe