From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 05:52:22 -0700
At 06:46 PM 11/8/2001, Joe Snow wrote:
>#1. I have a 300 MHz computer 128 MB RAM 4 gig HD partioned into 2
>(2000).  I am thinking about installing Win 98 SE.  Would it be better to
>re-partion the HD into one drive reformat and then install as my CD is
>full reversion. I am not sure that I know how but I have downloaded
>instructions.

You will hear lots of arguments about building a small partition
for your swap file...  and other reasons.  The truth is to just
build a partition on each drive and let Windows do it's job.  Any
speed increase would be negligible and create work for you
maintaining this special parition.

>#2.  I had recently install another 128 MB of Ram and shortly afterwards
>my computer would lock up.  I removed it and it seems ok now.  I have a
>small file that reads the speed of the processor and it now reads on 285
>MHz.  Does this mean something has happened to the processor as it used
>to read 300.x MHz.

Your system stopping due to mismatched ram is common
and should have had no effect on the CPU.  I would be
suspect of the software that you are using to benchmark
your CPU's output.

     Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                     support at our newest website: